Where is the manual? [RESOLVED]

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Where is the manual? [RESOLVED]

Post by LGK_Dude »

I dont want to have to bug you guys with a bunch of questions, but for the life of me I cannot find the darn DP9 manual. I'm on a mac, and in the help menu everything is greyed out - Digital PErformer help, New features, Getting started guide, user guide, etc. Are these the DP manual, and if so, any idea why mine are greyed out and better yet how to fix it?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the wonderful and helpful members of these forums! Really great to see power users willing to help those of us who can barely be classified as users :)
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
Guitar Gaz

Re: Where is the manual?

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Any normal installation of the software downloaded from the Motu site should include installation of the manuals. If you are a registered user you will be able to re-download the installer from Motu. You will of course need your code which came with your purchase.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Guitar Gaz wrote:Any normal installation of the software downloaded from the Motu site should include installation of the manuals. If you are a registered user you will be able to re-download the installer from Motu. You will of course need your code which came with your purchase.
Anyone can download the installer from http://motu.com/download

You don't need a code to download, only to register the software once it's installed.

The manual itself is also on Motu's website at http://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/softwa ... 0Guide.pdf
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Easiest way:

With DP 9 up, go to the Help menu. You will find all six guides there. Click on any to access its pdf file. You can duplicate them and move to another folder if that's convenient for you.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
LGK_Dude

Post by LGK_Dude »

mikehalloran wrote:Easiest way:

With DP 9 up, go to the Help menu. You will find all six guides there. Click on any to access its pdf file. You can duplicate them and move to another folder if that's convenient for you.
Yeah this is the issue, they are all greyed out in DP! Perhaps I did move them to my normal location (I keep a folder called "manuals" where I put them all in one place for DAW and plugins, etc). Can someone tell me where they are suppose to be located so that I might see if this is why they are greyed out, because they are actually missing? Or perhaps I'll try reinstalling the program. That wont overwrite any user preferences or saved presets will it?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Or perhaps I'll try reinstalling the program. That wont overwrite any user preferences or saved presets will it?
Correct. It will not overwrite preferences or saved presets. Just install.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

LGK_Dude wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:Easiest way:

Yeah this is the issue, they are all greyed out in DP! Perhaps I did move them to my normal location (I keep a folder called "manuals" where I put them all in one place for DAW and plugins, etc). Can someone tell me where they are suppose to be located so that I might see if this is why they are greyed out, because they are actually missing? Or perhaps I'll try reinstalling the program. That wont overwrite any user preferences or saved presets will it?
Manuals are located at: /Applications/Digital Performer 9.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Digital Performer Help/pdfs

You can get there via
  • cmd-shift-g in finder
  • terminal
  • right click the Digital Performer.app, show package contents, then browse
frankf

Post by frankf »

Be careful not to move them out of that folder or you won't see them via the DP Help menu. Copy them instead.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
LGK_Dude

Post by LGK_Dude »

Yeah, thats what I did, I moved them instead of copying them. Thank you all so much for your help! Really appreciate it!!