Conductor track missing from chunk!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Conductor track missing from chunk!

Post by LGK_Dude »

Hello everyone,

I'm collaborating with another composer and I was given a DP file with multiple chunks, and his latest chunk seems to somehow be missing the conductor track! I've never seen this before so I have no clue how this is possible. Has anyone experienced this?

Most importantly how would you fix this? I cannot seem to be able to create a conductor track - its usually "just there" haha! Is it possible to create a new conductor track, or better yet import the conductor track from a different chunk?

I must admit DP is not my primary DAW (though DP9 seems to be very good and I'm actually considering switching now) so any help you can provide please spell out what is needed and how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
yamguitar

Re: Conductor track missing from chunk!

Post by yamguitar »

Hmmm... well, in DP 9 the tracks window has a search field, which can allow hiding of tracks to occur if something is typed into it; you can also hit command-option-E (on a Mac) to show a list of which tracks you wish to make visible/invisible. You could always do that with the mixing board, but the functionality to selectively view tracks has since been added to the other windows as well. I see you're on DP 7.24... is your friend on a later version than you?
4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac Retina 5K, 32GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 • MOTU M6 • DP 11.31, Reason 12.7.4, Dorico Elements 5.1
LGK_Dude

Post by LGK_Dude »

Crud, I forgot to update my signature. I'm running 9.02. Sorry about that!!

I have "view all tracks" enabled and typing "conductor" in the search field produces no results. However, when I did as you suggested and hit command-option-E it allowed me to see that the conductor track was indeed not selected. I assumed that view -> show tracks -> all would have shown the conductor track as well but I guess its not how it works?

Anyway thank you very much for the help! I'll have to remember command-option-E incase this happens again!
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Check out your commands widow carefully. The cited key combo (AKA key binding) will come up as "show/hide track selector" in the "more setup" group of commands, while shift-cmd-t will be simply "track selector" in the "studio menu" group. Both almost do the same thing, depending on the screen you're in. In track overview (consolidated windows) the cmd-opt-e combo opens the track selector to the left of the tracks - something I never realized until yamguitar posted that. In most other windows, cmd-opt-e acts exactly like shift-cmd-t and simply opens and closes the track selector.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS