AAF Export

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
supersonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AAF Export

Post by supersonic »

Hi everyone

I am sure the topic has been talked about many times but I still do not find satisfying combination of parameters in order get a clean PT import. For one I would like to be able to get interleaved stereo tracks in PT. Right now, if I choose the interleaved option I get one mono track for every stereo one that I had in DP. I can choose non interleaved but it then imports them as two separate mono tracks in to PT. Going from that to stereo is ease but an unnecessary step and a tedious one if the session happens to have 40 tracks for example. Any one out there who got this thing right?
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AAF Export

Post by bralston »

I believe this is a PT bug. I have discovered it as well. PT also does the same thing when importing Interleaved AAFs from other programs as well I have found. The only way, of all the ways I have tried (and I believe I have tried all the ways) is to deinterleave the files to .L/.R and then recombine them on stereo tracks in PT. Sucks...but I don't see AVID doing anything to fix this soon. It is the same PT behavior in PT 10, 11 and 12. PT does import interleaved files from other PT sessions just fine and AVID video editors just fine...just not from other DAWs it seems. Have no idea of the technical reasons why.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13