Sync tracks in Sequence& Tracks& Quickscribe view?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sync tracks in Sequence& Tracks& Quickscribe view?

Post by rockman413 »

As the only way to edit/view the volume automation of tracks in one view is the Sequence view (correct me if I'm wrong), can we sync the tracks in seq view and tracks view?

I got to use tracks view for copying MIDI clips, in my template , I have about 200 MIDI tracks, when I work, I select the ones I need for my current project in tracks view, but I have to do the same selection of tracks again in sequence view in order to show the volume automation of each tracks, can we sync the view of the tracks?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
rockman413

Re: Sync tracks in Sequence& Tracks& Quickscribe view?

Post by rockman413 »

rockman413 wrote:As the only way to edit/view the volume automation of tracks in one view is the Sequence view (correct me if I'm wrong), can we sync the tracks in seq view and tracks view?

I got to use tracks view for copying MIDI clips, in my template , I have about 200 MIDI tracks, when I work, I select the ones I need for my current project in tracks view, but I have to do the same selection of tracks again in sequence view in order to show the volume automation of each tracks, can we sync the view of the tracks?
By the way , just to point out that when I RTFM, there's only something related selection is full range, but that selection is more notes based, not tracks
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Are you asking whether the Track Selector Window will show/hide tracks in all windows, including the Tracks Window, identically?

(and I don't know the answer without going and trying it)

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Shooshie wrote:Are you asking whether the Track Selector Window will show/hide tracks in all windows, including the Tracks Window, identically?

(and I don't know the answer without going and trying it)

Shoosh
Like I have 100 tracks,none of them are shown/selected and then later in my Tracks view, I have selected and shown 67 tracks, but not in sequence view, still nothing shows, a way to sync the view/appreance of tracks in the Tracks view, so I don't have to do the selection again
frankf

Post by frankf »

Group the tracks and check the show/hide option will get you there if I'm understanding correctly.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Here's one I haven't tried, but it might work for you. Use the new Search field in DP9.x. When naming your tracks, add a non-alpha character to each name to show what group(s) it is in. For example, you might use ^ for trumpets, @ for brass, and & for winds in general. With those three indicators in your trumpet's track name, it would come up when you type in any of those characters. Likewise, maybe { for violins, # for strings, plus a number for 1st, 2nd, etc. First violins would be {1. Strings and brass would be #@. Instantly, those tracks would appear in the window. That may not work with the Tracks Window. I haven't looked at whether it even has a search field. I've just been taking care not to accidentally invoke the search field with a Tab and type a character that causes my tracks to disappear, so I haven't fully gotten acquainted with the feature. (DP 9.1 fixes that problem)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Shooshie wrote:Here's one I haven't tried, but it might work for you. Use the new Search field in DP9.x. When naming your tracks, add a non-alpha character to each name to show what group(s) it is in. For example, you might use ^ for trumpets, @ for brass, and & for winds in general. With those three indicators in your trumpet's track name, it would come up when you type in any of those characters. Likewise, maybe { for violins, # for strings, plus a number for 1st, 2nd, etc. First violins would be {1. Strings and brass would be #@. Instantly, those tracks would appear in the window. That may not work with the Tracks Window. I haven't looked at whether it even has a search field. I've just been taking care not to accidentally invoke the search field with a Tab and type a character that causes my tracks to disappear, so I haven't fully gotten acquainted with the feature. (DP 9.1 fixes that problem)

Shooshie
Thanks , that's a smart move.

My original question is: If I select some certain 10 tracks in track view, then I go to seq view, I lose that 10 tracks and I have to select that particular 10 tracks again... Is there a way to keep the track /seq/ quick scribe view all showing the same tracks , except the layout as I'm always adding/removing tracks to show/hide