Snap Information Window for Nudging

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Snap Information Window for Nudging

Post by midilance »

How do I bring up the Snap Information Window to set preference for the nudge amount?
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
Robert Randolph

Re: Snap Information Window for Nudging

Post by Robert Randolph »

It's under the Studio menu, between Polar and Cursor Information.

The shortcut is ctrl-shift-G.

If you have any other mini-windows docked in to your consolidated window, you can look next to the name of that window. There will be a downward pointing arrow. Click that for a menu.

In OS X, you can also go to the help menu and simply type "Snap Information" in to the search menu. Then when you mouse-over the results it will show you where that is located.
midilance

Post by midilance »

Thanks for the reply. Hey man, I'm from St. Pete. myself. Long time there. Early 50's to 2000. Great place. I have a lot of friends down there.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

St. Pete is a great little town. My brother has his sailboat moored there, just down the street from the Mahaffey theater, where I've performed several times on tour. Immediately next door to the Mahaffey was a large venue where Disney On Ice was performing at exactly the same times as our shows. I think we still sold out at least one of them. St. Pete must have some folks with good taste!

Downtown, there used to be a little food stand called Klem Kadiddlehopper's, or something close to that. It was an homage to a Red Skelton character. I had the good fortune to meet the owner of it when I was skating around St. Pete during a break in load-in at the Mahaffey. Super nice guy, but sad to see progress turning his town upside down. That was over 20 years ago; the construction of that time is now probably forgotten, along with the town that was. Thankfully, they preserved the Mahaffey. It was a beautiful little hall. Met a lot of great people there, including stagehands and theater managers.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
midilance

Post by midilance »

Shooshie, do you remember the Loser's Club in Dallas back in the day?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

midilance wrote:Shooshie, do you remember the Loser's Club in Dallas back in the day?
Loser's Club? Nah, actually I don't. I only came to the Dallas area in 1976. Maybe it was before my time.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
midilance

Post by midilance »

Yeah, it was late 60's and early 70's. Had some great bands there.