How to not have MIDI editor zoom to exisiting notes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to not have MIDI editor zoom to exisiting notes

Post by rockman413 »

When I open my MIDI editor, I want it to focus at C3 as the center of the screen, but since I have a reset note C0 (for keyswitch articulations), every time I open the MIDI editor it jumps to that note as center and I'll have to scroll and adjust view again EVERY TIME !!! I know the set zoom setting can work, but actually , it never worked for me (I've set the zoom setting, and go to setting 1, it NEVER worked!). How can I avoid change the zoom/view every time I open the MIDI editor?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
reedster

Re: How to not have MIDI editor zoom to exisiting notes

Post by reedster »

Try putting the reset notes on a separate track, with the same output.

Choose the desired track in Tracks, go to MIDI tab with the shortcut -
Shift G and DP appears to center the notes on the selected track.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Just checked, and I see the MIDI editor scrolled to the place I last left it when I reopen it.

But I have seen similar things with 9.02 where other editors and panels do not open as they were left after a save, or opened in a screen layout.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Thank you guys!
Any one had successful experience using the go to zoom setting 1? I set a zoom to setting 1, later when I click on go to zoom setting , nothing happens as always. Wondering if I didn't do it rightly
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
reedster

Post by reedster »

looks like the Zoom to Setting shortcuts are for Horizontal Zoom and they are working OK over here.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule