Change colors for a number tracks at one click does not work

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Change colors for a number tracks at one click does not work

Post by rockman413 »

••••• Changing Colors of a group of Selected Tracks
Works in: Tracks Overview Window, Mixing Board, Sequence Editor
Select any tracks you want (Shift-Click). Hold down the letter "t" while picking a color. All of the tracks you selected will change to that color. Sequence Editor: change colors by clicking to left of track name.

I indeed hold down the letter t... only one track's color was changed though I selected multiple tracks....
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Killahurts

Re: Change colors for a number tracks at one click does not

Post by Killahurts »

Just tried it and it works for me here.

I always wondered how to do that, and now I know.. the "t" key.

Sorry it doesn't work for you, but thanks so much for the tip! :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Working here as well.
BTW, T is for temporary groping of selected tracks. W is for temporary groping of visible tracks. So you can change the color of all visible tracks by holding W.
I indeed hold down the letter t... only one track's color was changed though I selected multiple tracks....
Check in the Commands window and be sure Temporarily Group Selection is indeed assigned to "T".

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

rockman413 wrote:••••• Changing Colors of a group of Selected Tracks
Works in: Tracks Overview Window, Mixing Board, Sequence Editor
Select any tracks you want (Shift-Click). Hold down the letter "t" while picking a color. All of the tracks you selected will change to that color. Sequence Editor: change colors by clicking to left of track name.

I'm not in front of DP right now, but there's an option in the track group window mini menu for selecting what's included in temporary track groups. Isn't track colors one of the options? If so, might it not be selected in your case?

Carlos
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Good call, Carlos. I had forgotten about that. There is an option for that.

Yeah, what he said. 8)
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.