Auto-Tune Live w/ DP 9?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Auto-Tune Live w/ DP 9?

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

Is anyone using Auto-Tune Live successfully with DP 9.02 or 9.1? Antares' website says DP 8 is "possibly compatible".

Doug
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Auto-Tune Live w/ DP 9?

Post by mikehalloran »

Download the demo. AT works but cannot be automated in DP (MAC AU only—will not work at all in Win since DP does not support VST3).

If I need to automate the plug, I record the track in Logic and, when done, export the audio to my desktop where I can import it into DP.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

mikehalloran wrote:Download the demo. AT works but cannot be automated in DP (MAC AU only—will not work at all in Win since DP does not support VST3).

If I need to automate the plug, I record the track in Logic and, when done, export the audio to my desktop where I can import it into DP.
Bummer, Mike!

I really want to automate it! Just to clarify: you are referring to Auto-Tune Live, not one of the other Auto-Tune versions, right?

Doug
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

I have AT 7 and AT Live. They work but no automation in DP. This is why they are insistent about downloading the demo. It may do what you need even if it can't do what you want.

Antares is one of those companies that makes my "Do I ever want to give them more money?" list. I don't do enough work with pop singers to justify having AT. DP's pitch correction, Nectar2 Production Suite and Melodyne Studio 4 do what I need … and I do have AT Live if I need a low latency plugin for tracking using the Ron Popeil Method:

I have little use for Logic (other than converting GB/Logic files for use in DP) but automating AT is one of the things it can do that DP can't. $199.99 in the App Store.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro