Free Slate Digital plugin

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Free Slate Digital plugin

Post by apanacci »

The Monster, go and get it !
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Free Slate Digital plugin

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Here's the link:

http://www.slatedigital.com

The MOTU Dynamic EQ can do much of that and more. If you're excited by The Monster check out this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imx6GK39vEo
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

They're having some problems:

Slate Monster Crashes iLok Servers
Dear Slate Users,

Today we made company history. For the first time ever, we had so many simultaneous downloads of our Monster plugin that we crashed the iLok servers.

If you've already redeemed your Virtual Mix Rack license then you do not need to redeem the license again. Just install your updated Virtual Mix Rack plugin (version 1.6.3.1) and you'll be good to go.

For those of you unable to register your license, we sincerely apologize for the delay. The iLok team is currently working on repairing this issue as we speak and are currently estimating about 2-3 hours for completion. We'll send you an email once we receive confirmation that iLok servers are back up and running.

Thank you for your overwhelming support!
- The Slate Digital Team
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Wow.

Crashed not Slate's servers, but iLok's.

Amazing.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

It is an easier installation than one would think from the Slate emails. I can hopefully save some of you some time by elaborating on this:

If you already own VMR, you need to nothing more than download the latest installer and run it. The next time you load VMR, The Monster shows up as an available and licensed module.

Based on the confusing emails, I didn't know this, so took unnecessary extra steps such as requesting the license code (which iLok rejected as I am already licensed for VMR and that is essentially what the license is for).

I am pretty sure that existing VMR owners are unaffected by the iLok licensing glitch. Either that, or it was repaired by the time I got around to downloading The Monster.

I haven't tried it out yet, but am eager to, as I used zero processing on a recent album that now needs some minor tweaks before final mastering, and this tool might be the ticket for making the vocals a bit warmer and more present, as Slate plug-ins tend to be the most transparent. I need to avoid artifacts.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
billf

Post by billf »

mhschmieder wrote:It is an easier installation than one would think from the Slate emails. I can hopefully save some of you some time by elaborating on this:

If you already own VMR, you need to nothing more than download the latest installer and run it. The next time you load VMR, The Monster shows up as an available and licensed module.

Based on the confusing emails, I didn't know this, so took unnecessary extra steps such as requesting the license code (which iLok rejected as I am already licensed for VMR and that is essentially what the license is for).

I am pretty sure that existing VMR owners are unaffected by the iLok licensing glitch. Either that, or it was repaired by the time I got around to downloading The Monster.

I haven't tried it out yet, but am eager to, as I used zero processing on a recent album that now needs some minor tweaks before final mastering, and this tool might be the ticket for making the vocals a bit warmer and more present, as Slate plug-ins tend to be the most transparent. I need to avoid artifacts.
Thank you for the clarification on this mhschmieder. Works perfect!
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Received the following from Slate Digital. iLok registration worked for me this morning.

The Monster Activation Codes Are Now Able To Be Redeemed

Dear Slate Customer,

First, thank you so much for your continued support. The Monster received such an overwhelming response and we’re really excited for you to get to use it if you have not yet already.

Because so many users were trying to redeem the Activation Code at the same time - we experienced issues. However iLok.com has informed us that the VMR Activation Code for The Monster plugin is now able to be redeemed. You can now use the same Activation Code you received previously to redeem your license. Thank you so much for your patience on this.

Note: If you've already activated your VMR license for another of our VMR modules, you don't need to redeem this code again, simply install the latest VMR 1.6.3.1 Installer, which is located within your Slate Account and you'll be good to go.

We also have heard reports from some users that they have been experiencing issues with freezes in their DAWs. We're investigating this throughly over the weekend and will be working to release an updated build this week.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the latest VMR update, we have added the Legacy Installers for the previous VMR version 1.5.0.1 to your Slate Accounts, as well as to our VMR Downgrade Instructions page. Because our support department is closed over weekends, we have included detailed instructions on how to downgrade if you wish to do so.

Important: We only recommend downgrading if you're experiencing issues with VMR version 1.6.3.1.

If you wish to downgrade to the previous version, click here to view the VMR downgrade instructions.
http://www.slatedigital.com/vmr-downgra ... 0Is%20Back!

Thank you for your support and patience,

- The Slate Digital Team.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro