More Newbie Questions!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
oceantracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

More Newbie Questions!

Post by oceantracks »

OK I somehow discovered CONTROL OPTION M which when viewing the consolidated window, now makes it so each section (Tracks, Sequence, etc) takes up the whole window in large view which is great. I can switch between each one and there is no SPLIT of the main window anymore (which I don't hate, but I like this better.) Now I have two monitors, if I want to retain this behavior, but ALSO have a copy of the mixer by itself on my second monitor, how do I do this? I could not for the life of me figure out how to pop a window out of the split main window (I had the mixer on the bottom half of the consolidated window and could get it out). CONTROL OPTION M kind of saved me and makes every bit and easy, but I'd still like to use my second monitor once in awhile, when it's not tied up to running video.

Thanks much
Tom (DP....geez what deep, cool program...)
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: More Newbie Questions!

Post by Shooshie »

Double click in the blank header area beside the tabs to pop a window out. I keep the mixing board in another virtual monitor (formerly Spaces, Apple's Mission Control) all the time, and I keep MIDI Edit windows at full screen in another space, 100% of the time.

Using Mission Control in DP:
(Tips Sheet Thread) You Tube Video: Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|