Steven Slate Drums 4 and Trigger 2 in Digital Performer

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cooperrosenthal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Steven Slate Drums 4 and Trigger 2 in Digital Performer

Post by cooperrosenthal »

I just downloaded SSD 4 Platinum and Trigger 2 with the Blackbird Studio Expansion.
Love those sounds.
My SSD4 Library and my Trigger Instruments Folder are saved in My Documents.

How do I work with these software downloads in Digital Performer 9.1?
I am most interested in getting these downloads to show up in the plug ins window.
Also curious about general usage techniques.

Thank you so much for your help.
davidh

Re: Steven Slate Drums 4 and Trigger 2 in Digital Performer

Post by davidh »

cooperrosenthal wrote:How do I work with these software downloads in Digital Performer 9.1?
I am most interested in getting these downloads to show up in the plug ins window.
Go to DP's Project menu and select Add Track/Instrument Track/Slate Digital/SSDSampler
This will create a DP instrument track containing the SSD4 Drum Sampler.
Create a MIDI track whose output is set to the SSD virtual instrument you just created.
Click on "Settings" button in the left column of the plugin window, and then click the "Select Base Dir" button to point the plugin to your drum sounds folder which you have created in 'My Documents'.
Click "Construct Kit" button (top of left column in plugin) and play away!

From there I suggest you read the SSD4 manual - it's all in there.
Mac Pro 'Nehalem' 2 x 2.66 Quad Core, 28GB, 10.11.6 || MacBook Pro 2.7 Intel Core i7 Retina, 16GB, 10.11.6 || MOTU 2408 Mk3, 828 Mk 2, MTP AV || DP 9.51 & 9.13, Mach 5 v3, MSI, Ethno2, MX4, VEPro6, all Spectrasonics, Kontakt ... and many of the other usual suspects.
http://www.thekeyboard.co.uk
cooperrosenthal

Re: Steven Slate Drums 4 and Trigger 2 in Digital Performer

Post by cooperrosenthal »

Thank you for your response.

The Slate Drums do not show up under the Project-Add Instrument window.
Also, Trigger 2 does not show up in the plug ins window.

I thought it was a problem with the download however both work in Logic Pro X, and only Trigger 2 works in ProTools.

Any further guidance is welcomed.

Thanks again.