Help...Selections for Bounce Ranges Using Markers

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
oceantracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help...Selections for Bounce Ranges Using Markers

Post by oceantracks »

On my 3rd night with DP demo.

OK I created a START MARKER, and END MARKER.

In between a created TEST Marker, because in a real project I would have markers like verse, chorus, bridge, etc. But would always have a Start and END marker for assisting me in creating a range for bouncing.

I'm not really sure how to do the actual process of selecting things properly for the bounce itself, though I have the markers where I want them.

Any brave souls willing to help? I honestly am trying to follow the manual here but...

BTW I'm attempting to view this in the TRACKS overview window...

Thanks
Tom
daniel.sneed

Re: Help...Selections for Bounce Ranges Using Markers

Post by daniel.sneed »

I case, that may help...
In sequence Editor, make sure all needed tracks are displayed, and any involved V-rack are active (if any):
- click on start marker up on time line (not in conductor track!)
- shift+click on test marker up on time line
At this stage, all your song should be selected from start to end.
Ctrl+J will show up bounce dialog box.
And voilà!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
Shooshie

Re: Help...Selections for Bounce Ranges Using Markers

Post by Shooshie »

Long ago you had to select every single track that was involved, including auxes and instruments. Well, at least I think you did. Maybe it wasn't as critical as I remember. But now they've relaxed that somewhat. I haven't done it enough to know the parameters now, but if your major tracks are selected, I think it will bounce.

I haven't been using bounce-to-disk, because there was a bug that caused BTD to ignore fades. I recorded it to 2-track, then bounced that to whatever formats I needed. I haven't tried BTD in DP 9.1. I'm sure hoping that bug is fixed.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|