More Dummy Beginner Questions...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
oceantracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

More Dummy Beginner Questions...

Post by oceantracks »

OK so...I went to an old DP file from last year when I demoed the program, used the mini menu to
say "New Instrument with Options" and chose a VI (Superior Drummer) and told it to auto add a MIDI track. It did, and all was well.

Now, tonight I created a fresh new file, but when I do the same thing, I do not see the VI (again, Superior Drummer) name in the output area of the MIDI track to choose it. I instead see this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0pzi6yjb6idw ... 9.png?dl=0

Any ideas what dumb thing I'm missing?

Thanks much
Tom
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: More Dummy Beginner Questions...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can't tell from the image but check the OUTPUT destination. It should your main out (whatever that is for your system). Be sure the output (device) is also instantiated and showing in the Apple AUDIO/MIDI Setup program (Applications/Utilities).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can't tell from the image but check the OUTPUT destination. It should your main out (whatever that is for your system). Be sure the output (device) is also instantiated and showing in the Apple AUDIO/MIDI Setup program (Applications/Utilities).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
oceantracks

Post by oceantracks »

I actually quit the demo, relaunched DP, and now everything is working as it should!

Thanks much!
Tom