Eiosis de-esser overhaul finally available for 64-bit Macs

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Eiosis de-esser overhaul finally available for 64-bit Macs

Post by mhschmieder »

Free for owners of the original version, this complete overhaul (with a GUI somewhat similar to the reissue of AirEQ) is now available at the Eiosis website today and is also free for Slate subscribers.

This was always the best and most versatile de-esser in its previous incarnation -- especially for taming cymbals and hi-hats.

I use the Sonnox de-esser for de-harshing poorly recorded electric guitar tracks that are handed to me (same goes for bass, but I almost always get to do those myself).

The MOTU de-esser is quite impressive, and I hope to soon try some of the many hints in its discussion topic here.

But I really haven't found anything else up to the task of dealing with hi-hats and close-miked cymbals, compared to the unique architecture of Eiosis De-esser. So I am quite glad to have it back.

I even put some low priority projects on the back burner, awaiting its return. More recent projects where I have been in charge of the drum sessions, don't need de-essing as I now use ribbons for close miking hi-hat and ride cymbal and better OH mics as well.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH