Let's Talk About Clicks, Ba-bay…

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Let's Talk About Clicks, Ba-bay…

Post by mhschmieder »

I's been awhile since I've bothered, as I only use DP's click now when doing quick live throwaway takes "just in case" they end up being the basis as opposed to an initial reference for a re-do.

My recollection, however, is that you can have the click reference a VI, such as BFD or Superior Drummer, for better click sounds such as one might use for live click tracks (I don't have to do those anymore, but found that the driest possible sounds were the least confusing for the drummer, so preferred a temple block for the main pulse and a dry cowbell for cue markers).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH