Avid Control App for IPad / Eucon / DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Avid Control App for IPad / Eucon / DP

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I just tried this again, and it is pretty cool.

The first time I tried it awhile back it seemed buggy, but I downloaded the new versions of there app and Econ and it seems allot better.

Does anyone know a good starting place (PDF or just some tips) for setting up and customizing this app?

Avid has a few PDFs about the Control app and also Eucon, but the ones I could find either seem to be centered on ProTools or the hardware Artist series, but not so much on the IPad app.

Any tips or guides I might have missed?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Avid Control App for IPad / Eucon / DP

Post by Tripi »

I tired it too, and it works well with DP. The option to only display certain track types doesn't seem to work though. The only option that works with DP is to display ALL TRACKS. For me, that's way too many MIDI, aux, audio, and template tracks to make useful. Let me know if you find a way to get that working.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Avid Control App for IPad / Eucon / DP

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Tripi wrote:I tired it too, and it works well with DP. The option to only display certain track types doesn't seem to work though. The only option that works with DP is to display ALL TRACKS. For me, that's way too many MIDI, aux, audio, and template tracks to make useful. Let me know if you find a way to get that working.
It's working that way for me too.

I thought about just putting the tracks I want to use it with at the tope of DP's Tracks window, but that's not a perfect solution?

I am using DP's new "just-show-tracks-in-use" feature incredibly helpful, and it would be great to have it here.

Why MOTU doesn't revive/update their DP Control app I can't figure out?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro