Overwrite Bullying

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
louisdufort
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Overwrite Bullying

Post by louisdufort »

Hi Motunation,

I had 12 audio tracks already mixed and wanted to create 12 new ones. To save time, I recorded enable volume automation on those 12 new tracks in the mix window, put them in overwrite mode and then press play so that I can create quickly a volume automation point at 0 db at the beginning of each track.

But after that process the volume automation on my other mixed track disappeared ! Those tracks were not record enable.

Looks like a bug, somebody can confirm that ?

Thanks

Louis
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Overwrite Bullying

Post by Killahurts »

Sounds like it was writing automation to the soundbite, and not the track..

What happens if you use the merge audio command to make copies of the soundbites, and put those in the new tracks?
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.