Monitoring my VIs in MIDI

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gone To Lunch
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Monitoring my VIs in MIDI

Post by Gone To Lunch »

When entering notes in the MIDI screen from my VIs, in this case MachFive 3, I want to be able to hear the note by clicking on it, and also hear the notes in the vertical keyboard on the left. To cross check I also tried it with VSL, but same problem.

The sounds playback OK when the track is played, but they are mute when editing.

I have selected the speaker icon on the control panel, and experimented with all the options in MIDI patch thru and Audio patch thru, but can't hear it.
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.
Tritonemusic

Re: Monitoring my VIs in MIDI

Post by Tritonemusic »

You could select "Run This Instance in Real-time" in the upper right-hand corner of the VI. Or, you could open the VI window and don't close it. Or, you could record-enable the track you're trying to monitor.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Did any of those options work out for you?
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Check the Bundles Window. The topmost output (which should go to your monitors) is the default output for "audible mode." Drag what you want to be the default output channel(s) to the top of the list.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|