Transfer RADAR session to Digital Performer.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
klopeck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transfer RADAR session to Digital Performer.

Post by klopeck »

Hello. I recently came across a couple of old discs that were tracked on a RADAR 24 system that is no longer available at my studio. Those files are not Mac/Apple compatible. Is anyone aware of software that will convert them for use in DP?
Thank you in advance for your time.
philbrown

Re: Transfer RADAR session to Digital Performer.

Post by philbrown »

2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
klopeck

Post by klopeck »

huh, how 'bout that?!
thank you.
klopeck

Post by klopeck »

Well, I’m back to square one. The above link is for RADARs after the “24”. However, even the iZ Technology website claims that the RADAR 24 records in broadcast wave (.BWAV).
Upon opening my disk I see that my files are saved as .SND which is a Unix code which brings us back to the beginning where they are not Apple Mac compatible.

Neither Google, or Yahoo!, are my friend right now.

Anyone ever encounter something similar?
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

If it were me, and it was important, I'd contact a recording facility or two that is RADAR equipped and inquire about costs to do a transfer- probably not a big deal on their end if they have compitable gear.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Google is still your friend.

.snd is generally listed as being created by Apple (SouND) —I'm not positive that's true but it could be. The Amiga and early versions of Windows, NeXT and Adobe used .snd files also.

If they are showing as .SND, that is likely to be the problem. Change the extension to lower case and see if QuickTime 7.6.6 can translate them to .wav. It should. There's a possibility that QT 10 will open it if you double-click after correcting the extension.

If you don't have QT 7.6.6 in your Utilities folder, you can download it free from Apple.
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL923?locale=en_US
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

mikehalloran wrote:Google is still your friend.

.snd is generally listed as being created by Apple (SouND) —I'm not positive that's true but it could be. The Amiga and early versions of Windows, NeXT and Adobe used .snd files also.

If they are showing as .SND, that is likely to be the problem. Change the extension to lower case and see if QuickTime 7.6.6 can translate them to .wav. It should. There's a possibility that QT 10 will open it if you double-click after correcting the extension.

If you don't have QT 7.6.6 in your Utilities folder, you can download it free from Apple.
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL923?locale=en_US
Also mikehalloran is your friend. :wink:

klopeck

Post by klopeck »

thanks again, you're assistance is very much appreciated.
Sean Kenny

Post by Sean Kenny »

klopeck wrote:Well, I’m back to square one. The above link is for RADARs after the “24”. However, even the iZ Technology website claims that the RADAR 24 records in broadcast wave (.BWAV).
Upon opening my disk I see that my files are saved as .SND which is a Unix code which brings us back to the beginning where they are not Apple Mac compatible.

Neither Google, or Yahoo!, are my friend right now.

Anyone ever encounter something similar?
From 2003 I tracked into Radar 24 and Ethernet transferred to DP for mixing. Radar 24 I owned was always and only Bwav. I suggest what you have is maybe an earlier format of Radar, but i don't know what. Why not call iZ, they're good people.
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/