Deleting session templates

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Deleting session templates

Post by kassonica »

Hi All

At work so I don't have the manual in front of me, I'm trying to delete some recording session templates that I've made over the last few years and for the life of me, can not find where DP stores them.

I've looked in all the obvious places in the library I can think off, but can not find them :banghead:

Can someone point me in the right direction

On el capitan and DP 7.24

Thanks
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Robert Randolph

Re: Deleting session templates

Post by Robert Randolph »

/Library/Application Support/MOTU/Digital Performer/Document Templates
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Robert Randolph wrote:/Library/Application Support/MOTU/Digital Performer/Document Templates
Apple have hidden the users library in el capitan :evil:

I found it in the DP Prefs..

Does anyone know how to unhide that folder.

Ps thanks anyway :D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

here is how to do it, Apparently apple have been hiding it for the last 3 versions.

The Library folder is hidden. If you need to open it for some reason, click the desktop to make sure you're in the Finder, hold down the Option key, then choose Go > Library.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Yeah, Apple hid it in 10.7 Lion, I think, Mark.

What I do is drag the Lib folder, once revealed, to my window sidebar, so I've got:

Apps
Lib
Extensions
Desktop
Users
Apps
Lib
Docs
Downloads

Obviously the System stuff's up top and the User-related folders fall below the desktop. Been running it this way since the get-go, and it works for me. I was so grateful when that Lib folder stuck to the sidebar after dragging it there for the first time in Lion (if indeed that was the OS at the time).

Oh, and the reason I don't have Movies, Pics etc. in the sidebar is because they're 2 clicks past the Users icon, and the reason I went for the Users folder as opposed to the actual Nicky one, is so that the Shared folder is easily-accessible, in anti-city-pooplerisation of the fact that plugins I'll buy in future will make use of it.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here