Editors - synchronisation

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
foorere
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Editors - synchronisation

Post by foorere »

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to automatically synchronise the editing windows? For instance, if I work in QuickScribe and MIDI editors, clicking on a note in MIDI window will automatically display (jump to) the same note in the QuickScribe?

Sometimes I get lost when I need to scroll endlessly...
Catharina.
(I have learned English in 35 days, please have understanding ...)
Shooshie

Re: Editors - synchronisation

Post by Shooshie »

Any selection will be displayed in all windows.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
foorere

Post by foorere »

Shooshie wrote:Any selection will be displayed in all windows.
But is there any way to go to that selection?
Catharina.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Yes. Go to the COMMANDS window and search for SELECTION.

Set up a key command for SCROLL TO SELECTION.

Hit the command when you want to find the selection. Be sure you are in the window you want to see it in.

Done.

The COMMANDS window is your key to finding features that you may not even find in the manual. Make it you friend and you won't have to ask many more questions like that. But it is a good one and in finding the answer, I set up the command on my machine, so thank you! :)
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
foorere

Post by foorere »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Yes. Go to the COMMANDS window and search for SELECTION.

Set up a key command for SCROLL TO SELECTION.

Hit the command when you want to find the selection. Be sure you are in the window you want to see it in.

Done.

The COMMANDS window is you key to finding features that you may not even find in the manual. Make it you friend and you won't have to ask many more questions like that. But it is a good one and in finding the answer, I set up the command on my machine, so thank you! :)
Absolutely great! Thank you!
Catharina.
Sean Kenny

Post by Sean Kenny »

foorere wrote:
Shooshie wrote:Any selection will be displayed in all windows.
But is there any way to go to that selection?
Make your selection and hit Ctrl+Spacebar to play from selection. If you have auto scroll turned on (the icon to the left of the solo button and below the metronome button in the transport window) both windows will automatically scroll to your selection.

It works from either MIDI window or the quick scribe editor. Make the selection in either window
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

You can use a command to scroll to the selection. Set it up in the Commands Window. Search for "Scroll to Selection" and add a keyboard (computer or MIDI) command.

However, for most of your work, you don't need that. Once a selection is made, I can go to any edit window and it will open automatically to that selection, both time (bar) and track.

For example, double click a MIDI phrase in the Clarinet Bb part, and it goes to the MIDI Edit Window, with Clarinet Bb showing the selected bar(s). Now, use the keyboard command to open the Sequence Editor, and you will again see Clarinet Bb opened to the selected measures. Now, do the same to open the Event List, and the Clarinet Bb track is visible, with the selected events highlighted and visible.

If yours is not doing this, try Option-Clicking the ARROW button in the Control Panel, next to the sample-rate and bit-resolution buttons. It's the green arrow in this picture:

Option-Clicking that arrow will open the Scroll Preferences:

Set it up as you see mine, and all the windows will scroll together, but not continuously. (I don't like continuous scroll, but you can certainly try it and see if you prefer it.) Those are the only controls I can think of, off the top of my head, which will keep all windows open to the same location, and since you set the location by making a selection, all windows will open to that location.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Well, I see that others beat me to it. I started this response over an hour ago, but I made a sandwich, ate, and washed dishes since I started it, before I posted it. So... I guess we're saying about the same things.

Shoosh
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Shooshie wrote:Well, I see that others beat me to it. I started this response over an hour ago, but I made a sandwich, ate, and washed dishes since I started it, before I posted it. So... I guess we're saying about the same things.

Shoosh
ECHO... ECHO... Echo... echo... ec... ho...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS