MIDI editor, Score editor - questions

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
foorere
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI editor, Score editor - questions

Post by foorere »

Shooshie wrote: Anyway, I have no explanation for why DP chooses one way then another for displaying the exact same piece of music.
It is interesting, perhaps there is some explanation, and hope some setting for that to control.
I tested to move notes up or down; and sometimes they get in the same staff sometimes they don't. Sometimes I move one note down, when boing! all notes move up!

I will explore this, it is very weird. :roll:
(I have learned English in 35 days, please have understanding ...)
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

The randomness of the computer brain...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
foorere

Post by foorere »

I guess it might be matter of an algorithm which includes velocity, key and time signatures and perhapsssomething more unknown to us.
I find it quite awkward if I need quickly to clean up the file and get a basic notation.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

DOH!!! I'm a little ashamed that I forgot this. :sorry:

There IS a SWITCH STAFF command in the mini-menu!!! I had forgotten because I use the other process and... well, age, I guess.

Go here first:

QS Mini-Menu/Options.../Track Options...

Here you can set the default to be grand staff if that's what you always use. Or you can choose the specific track you are working on and set that to Grand Staff.

Next, select the notes you want to move from one staff to the other. Then go to
QS Mini-Menu/Switch Staff

Boom. Done.

Funny how we all missed this!!! Sorry I didn't remember sooner.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

stubbsonic wrote:Funny how we all missed this!!! Sorry I didn't remember sooner.
I forget what I don't use, and I rarely use Quickscribe. I take things straight to Sibelius when I need printed output.

But there is a Quickscribe section in the Commands Window, and it has probably 3 dozen commands or more. Maybe a lot more. I haven't looked at it lately, but I do remember that there is a Switch Staff command in it. You may need to think of a keyboard command for it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Shooshie wrote: But there is a Quickscribe section in the Commands Window, and it has probably 3 dozen commands or more. Maybe a lot more. I haven't looked at it lately, but I do remember that there is a Switch Staff command in it. You may need to think of a keyboard command for it.

Shooshie
That's a nice litte cherry on top that will make it much quicker.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
foorere

Post by foorere »

stubbsonic wrote: Boom. Done.
BOOM!
:woohoo: