8.07: Possible 'Analyze Soundbite Tempo' bug?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
fgagne
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

8.07: Possible 'Analyze Soundbite Tempo' bug?

Post by fgagne »

So I'm following along with this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw4QaeXkJAU

...and at about 3:04 or so you'll see him double-click the kick track and bring up the Waveform Editor.

Now previously in the video, he has already done a "Find Beats in Selection" while in the Waveform editor so that's where the window opens. Ok...fine.

He then switches to the "Tempos" tab and then selects "Analyze Soundbite Tempo" from the 'Tempos' drop-down below.

Here's where it gets weird for me following along at home...

When he switches to the Tempo view, he makes a selection (which looks like a Select All in this case) and chooses 'Analyze Soundbite Tempo'. I'm gonna assume that there was some Background Processing that went on and he just edited that bit of footage out of the video.

Ok, I can accept that as it looked like that's what happened when he did the previous "Find Beats in Selection" (under the Beats view) and, while following along, I did indeed have the Background Processing progress meter start plugging away after doing that as well.

However, again, while following along, when I switch to the Tempo view and selected 'Analyze Soundbite Tempo', I don't get a Background Processing progress meter or anything. It seemingly does nothing. I don't get any of those little bubbles that pop-up regarding tempo info or anything. My blue selection just stays blue and I sit staring at the screen in wonder.

Why is this?

This is extremely frustrating.

Is there a better editor available that lets one straighten some drums out? (That is not Pro Tools?)

Thanks for any input.