Mixing Board Persistence

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wilcofan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mixing Board Persistence

Post by wilcofan »

When I open the mixing board, it keeps updating to show only one track.

In the mini menu (top right) I select "show all tracks". Close and open again... Back to one track!

How can we set the mixing board to stop updating? It's acting like an inspector which is awkward because we already have one and I don't know how to tell him I don't need him. ;)
Digital Performer 8.07
Mac Pro 3.1
Windows 7 (bootcamp)
magicd

Re: Mixing Board Persistence

Post by magicd »

If you have a selection in one or more tracks and you switch to the mixer, the mixer will display the tracks that were previously highlighted.

You can press Command-D to deselect all tracks before switching to the mixer. The mixer will then display the tracks that were displayed the last time the mixer was open.

Dave
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

I know this is how it is, but is there any reason why it is like this? Wasn't it a preference for like 2 seconds in an update once? It's the only thing I hate about DP after 20 years, especially after working in anything else and coming back to DP. (well 2nd to the audio dropping out when you reorder tracks anywhere - which I'm told is/was a leftover from the DAE days and having to do with the number of voices and order PT voices would play in) I would have about a 10-15% increase in productivity if I didn't have to reselect tracks all the time.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I'm not understanding why you wouldn't just change the preference and Save.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

What Mike said, and also consider leaving your mixing board open full screen, 100% of the time in Apple's Spaces (Mission Control). I've worked this way for many years and would feel lost without it.

viewtopic.php?p=199845#p199845

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|