Looking for an iPad controller to mix only certain tracks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Looking for an iPad controller to mix only certain tracks

Post by Tripi »

I've been trying a bunch of different iPad control surfaces for mixing lately. The Pro Tools Control is great, but I need something a little more specific. I have about 250 total tracks (mostly MIDI) in my template. All I really want is a controller that shows my movie production audio, temp track, music mix, click, and master levels. Does anyone know of an app that lets you specify which tracks you see in the mixer? Or even just gives you 6 faders that are MIDI based, so you can assign them yourself.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
bayswater

Re: Looking for an iPad controller to mix only certain trac

Post by bayswater »

I don't know of anything, but perhaps a workaround is to put the tracks of interest at the left end of the DP mixer, pad with empty tracks to make up 8 in total, and use a common Mackie based iPad mixer interface to control these. If you keep it on the first channel bank, it will only affect those 8 channels.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Tripi

Re: Looking for an iPad controller to mix only certain trac

Post by Tripi »

Thanks. I had thought of that, but it's a little complicated because of the setup in my template. I really like the feedback the Mackie and Eucon controllers give, but the simplicity of MIDI ones. Does anyone have experience with a Lemur-based mixer on an iPad? The ProTools one would be perfect if I could just select which tracks it showed onthe ipad.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.