iOS app for chunks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rain
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

iOS app for chunks

Post by Rain »

Hello!

Could you recommend me some iPad app for the remote navigation and launching Chunks ( i.e trigering my backing tracks ).

Best regards
Rain
stubbsonic

Re: iOS app for chunks

Post by stubbsonic »

There's been some positive buzz about Metagrid

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/metagri ... 17609?mt=8

The developer was quick to tackle DP and add a large set of buttons and commands for DP which could be used for Commands that are in the list. I don't know what the limits are, but that seems like a very good option.

There are also MIDI apps like MIDI Designer Pro, and TB MIDI Stuff that can be used to transmit MIDI events that can trigger commands, too. Perhaps not as turn-key, but you can customize quite a bit for your live rig.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Re: iOS app for chunks

Post by bayswater »

Custom Keypad works similarly to Metagrid. If your chunks are linked to key commands, you'd use those from either app, and link them to icons on the iPad screen.

Custom Keypad also lets you add a simple keypad for navigating around the DP GUI window, and tapping on objects as you would with a mouse or a physical keypad.

AFAIK, both apps allow you to chain commands.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8