record audio with external sync chops off beginning

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sloiselle
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

record audio with external sync chops off beginning

Post by sloiselle »

Hi folks, am wondering if this is just how it is, or if there's a setting I don't understand. I have DP9 on a Macbook Pro running 10.10.5

I'm feeding 16 channels optical through an 828mk3, and feeding MIDI from a master clock into the MIDI in of an Ultralite. I set DP to lock to beat clock, and it does, and records all the tracks. But the first half-second or so of audio is never recorded. I've spent a ton of time looking through the manual and searching online, but finally gave up and posted the question here in case anyone can help.

Also, I can't find anything in the manual that really explains the "Configure Hardware Driver" window. There's a "Master Device" pulldown, and a "Clock Modes" with two pulldowns, if anyone knows where in the manual that info is, I'd sure appreciate it!
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: record audio with external sync chops off beginning

Post by Shooshie »

sloiselle wrote:Hi folks, am wondering if this is just how it is, or if there's a setting I don't understand. I have DP9 on a Macbook Pro running 10.10.5

I'm feeding 16 channels optical through an 828mk3, and feeding MIDI from a master clock into the MIDI in of an Ultralite. I set DP to lock to beat clock, and it does, and records all the tracks. But the first half-second or so of audio is never recorded. I've spent a ton of time looking through the manual and searching online, but finally gave up and posted the question here in case anyone can help.

Also, I can't find anything in the manual that really explains the "Configure Hardware Driver" window. There's a "Master Device" pulldown, and a "Clock Modes" with two pulldowns, if anyone knows where in the manual that info is, I'd sure appreciate it!
Don't know what to tell you about the missing audio. Maybe it requires a second to sync up the optical data? Maybe if you do a count-off it would get it all. Or, try expanding the soundbite (edge edit the leading edge) to see if the audio is there. I haven't seen that happen, so I can't be of a lot of help.

The manual info on the clock modes and master device, etc., is page 26 of the DP9 "Getting Started" manual.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|