Tap Tempo Fixed?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Tap Tempo Fixed?

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:The key, as I said above, would be to have it ignore plugins. Essentially, it would switch to a blank mix, a default mix that can't be changed, but which would come on when using Tap Tempo and revert to the current mix when the user is done with Tap Tempo.

But I'm not the programmer, so I don't know how they'll do it. All I know is that it has to be done. Don't make me switch to Logic when I need Tap Tempo!
I assure you, I would never suggest that you ever have anything to do with Logic. You've been very clear on that option.

I suppose the other requirement would be the use of light VIs, or a rough mix, to keep the CPU happy.

As for completely disabling pre-gen, that seems to be what a lot of us want, but I can't help wondering if that ship has sailed.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Tap Tempo Fixed?

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:As for completely disabling pre-gen, that seems to be what a lot of us want, but I can't help wondering if that ship has sailed.
I think there are too many people left standing on the pier, waving for it to come back. If that ship wants to keep its passengers, it might consider hard to starboard and return to port. I'm not saying I'm one who'd jump ship; NEVER! Just that there are many parts to DP, and to put one part on steroids while leaving others wanting is just not "finished." Not done yet. Surely they have a plan. I just want them to leave no detail out of order just for pre-gen. It all has to work! Tap Tempo is an important feature to keep working. We waited over 10 years for a fix, and we finally got it in DP 9.1. If it's broken again in just a couple months, as described above, that's extremely frustrating. Extremely.

I'll shut up now. I think I've said enough, especially considering that I cannot try it right now. Hopefully in the next 2 days I'll be able to report fully on it.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|