All together now!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Martini Hill
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

All together now!!!

Post by Martini Hill »

9.1! 9.1!! 9.1!!! 9.1!!!! Louder!!!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Martini Hill on Sat May 21, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
Martini Hill

Re: All together now!!!

Post by Martini Hill »

Just havin a little fun.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

8.08! 8.08! Oh. Sorry, wrong thread. :D
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Martini Hill wrote:9.1! 9.1!! 9.1!!! 9.1!!!!
Sung to the intro bars in "We Will Rock You". Yes, 9.1! I need the distraction. There's a risk I'll do some real work.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Just about to install 9.02 :shock:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

MOTU did say at NAMM that an update would be coming Q2 and we're there time-wise. Hopefully besides the next gen pregen and the other goodies it'll have the needed bug fixes.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Loading a 5 patch multi into Kontakt of Cinesamples Strings last night on my machine and having DP bog down CPU wise, I'm very very ready for 9.1! I'm glad they were using Cinesamples in the demos at NAMM, because for whatever reason Cinesamples are huge CPU pigs in DP9.02 here, nothing else compares...

June is going to be a long month, it's my experience at least that MOTU generally wait until the bitter end, so Q2 means June 30th! :lol:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Michael Canavan wrote:Loading a 5 patch multi into Kontakt of Cinesamples Strings last night on my machine and having DP bog down CPU wise, I'm very very ready for 9.1! I'm glad they were using Cinesamples in the demos at NAMM, because for whatever reason Cinesamples are huge CPU pigs in DP9.02 here, nothing else compares...

June is going to be a long month, it's my experience at least that MOTU generally wait until the bitter end, so Q2 means June 30th! :lol:
Is there a lot of scripting going on with the Cinesamples? That's one of the few things I can think of that will eat cpu cycles.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

musicman691 wrote: Is there a lot of scripting going on with the Cinesamples? That's one of the few things I can think of that will eat cpu cycles.
Yeah there is, you can choose between keyswitching, velocity and sustain pedal to switch articulations.
A lot of FX as well, I'm not going to say they aren't the most efficient that way, but..maybe? The samples are huge as well.

This machine is well overpowered though, so I'm inclined to think it's a glitch somewhere between Cinesamples and MOTU, that will likely go away or at least be improved by the lower latency handling. Especially considering they used Cinesamples as their example.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.