Does DP 8.07 play nicely with OS 10.10?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
doodles
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Does DP 8.07 play nicely with OS 10.10?

Post by doodles »

stubbsonic wrote:I went for 8.07 in 10.9.5 to 8.07 in 10.10.5. For me it was kind of a break even.

In the OS itself, I traded Mavericks bugs which were annoying but not awful for Yosemite bugs which are equally annoying and not awful. There were a handful of features that Apple either removed or ruined in Preview-- which may not seem that critical unless you use & edit PDFs which I do all the time. The 10.9 iCal bug made me LOSE events randomly-- deal-breaker. The 10.10 iCal bug means that after I create a new event, I have to do some unknown combination of moves before will let me edge edit the start/end times. A new 10.10 Mail bug changes the sort-by functionality so finding a group of emails by subject or sender (etc.) just got a little less elegant.

As for DP 8.07, in 10.9 I had problems but was able to track them down to some corrupt AUs and a problematic driver or two. In 10.10, it crashes (or just vanishes with no report) occasionally (but works after a relaunch). So more DP crashes, .. but everything still works. So I'm now back to that nervous feeling of saving after everything. Makes me nostalgic for DP7/SnowLeopard
I'll only be using it for DP. So are you saying 8.07 doesn't play nice with 10.10? Or was this down to a few plug-ins? Arturia in 10.8.5 is killing me...
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Does DP 8.07 play nicely with OS 10.10?

Post by stubbsonic »

It hasn't happened frequently enough for me to test or need to trouble shoot. Just had some random problems that were different than in Mavericks.

Seems like most people are having smooth sailing, so I'm kind of an unusual case.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com