DP control with MIDI device

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RayS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP control with MIDI device

Post by RayS »

Hey Gang, how do I use a MIDI device to control DP ? I am told to turn on MIDI masters but can't find any info in the manual about this…..I want to play and stop sequences essentially…where do I set up the MIDI channel?… I'Ma able to start sequence using the wait command and any MIDI note but would like to use more accurate commands individually assigned to the different functions I need..

Thx

Ray
RayS
Cosmos275

Re: DP control with MIDI device

Post by Cosmos275 »

I use a MIDI foot petal to control transport commands. This is probably THE reason I use DP :) You have to have the "master master" box checked or nothing will work. Could be something else, but check for that in the commands area.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

RayS wrote: I am told to turn on MIDI masters but can't find any info in the manual about this
Start with the Commands window. MIDI Masters are at the top.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
RayS

Post by RayS »

thx guys , although i can get it working on one of my macs in DP8 mac os 10.8.5 i can,t get the mac os 10.10.5 to do the same......somehow in the yosemite mac my commands window has no MIDI events in it for the transport window , they were erased somehow and although i can see MIDI activity in the MIDI monitor i can,t get the message to appear in the transport section of the commands,like on the other mac...?.!....it remains blank....can i get these to revert to their default settings .? ( commands)

thx
RayS
RayS

Post by RayS »

ok, so i trashed the application and reinstalled it and now it works on both computers the same way
….

thx

Ray
RayS