Deleting specific MIDI controller data

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Cosmos275
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Deleting specific MIDI controller data

Post by Cosmos275 »

Hi, so I get two sets of data when I record a filter cutoff from a Novation BSII. It come sin on 48 and 16.

Is there any way to delete all the #16 data but not the #48 data? I'm trying to in the sequence and MIDI windows to no avail. Picking each one out of the events list seems difficult. Any tips?

Thanks!
Shooshie

Re: Deleting specific MIDI controller data

Post by Shooshie »

Method #1: At the bottom left corner of the MIDI Edit Window there is a "QuickFilter" where you can hide all but the selected data type. Once you have done that and the only type showing is the one you want to delete, double-click one of those and it will select them all. Delete.

Method #2: In the MIDI Edit Window, pull down the Edit Menu to "Search." Type in the particulars for what you want to select for deletion. Search. Delete.

Method #3: [I haven't tried this one yet, so I can't be sure it works] In the Sequence Editor, open the Lanes feature. Find the lane with the data type you want to delete, then select it all by double-clicking. Delete. This may not work for one of two reasons: 1) the lane may show more than one data type, or 2) double clicking may not limit your selection to the current lane. You can try it and see.

Before you do this, be sure that it's not using BOTH data types. Some plugins use one as the coarse adjustment, and the other as the fine adjustment, for a total of 16,384 steps as opposed to 128.

For more information on selecting MIDI control points that correspond to selections of notes (as in copying a phrase of music, control points and all) take a look here: Working with Selections in DP This is a method I came up with to add control points to a selection, since there was not an adequate existing method, at least not for my purposes. This requires setting up a few commands with keyboard shortcuts and memorizing the steps, but it makes the process more or less instantaneous, so it's worth it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Cosmos275

Re: Deleting specific MIDI controller data

Post by Cosmos275 »

thanks for the many techniques to try. I will try them all. Thanks!