Is this possible / Control Surface / Alphatrack / K-Mix ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Is this possible / Control Surface / Alphatrack / K-Mix ?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I've owned an Alphatrack, and also demoed the Euphonix (now Avid) Artist Mix.

They were both great. The Alphatrack would automatically switch to the highlighted channel, which was great.

The Artist Mix can be set up so a certain fader does the same thing.

I've been looking at the McMillen K-Mix...

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-mix/

I would like it to do the same thing; have one of it's faders automatically switch to the current highlighted channel.

I know I could just have the K-Mix send out cc7 from that fader and DP would see that for whatever track is currently in record, but what I can't figure out is if it would be possible to behave like a moving-fader where K-Mix would have feedback and show where that channel's volume currently is.

I don't want to do the Mackie control thing. I have like 140 tracks in my template, and switching by banks of eight would be a nightmare.

It would be great to be able to do this with cc7, and also cc1, which I also use allot.

Any ideas???
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is this possible / Control Surface / Alphatrack / K-Mix

Post by waxman »

for $400 more you can get the Raven MTi2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsgWZ7Y8RJI
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is this possible / Control Surface / Alphatrack / K-Mix

Post by James Steele »

JSmith1234567 wrote:I've owned an Alphatrack...
FWIW, you can still run AlphaTrack with latest DP and OSX El Capitan.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=60778
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!