Drum tracks, samples and loops for 3/4, 12/8, 7/8 metres

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Drum tracks, samples and loops for 3/4, 12/8, 7/8 metres

Post by mhschmieder »

The jazz libraries (two volumes), Colombia, various world percussion and world instruments, Salsa, Latin Spice, Bill Bruford, are certainly top of my list.

I learn a lot by studying their patterns. I've even been able to improve my own hi-hat programming by studying the hi-hats in some of those libraries.

What's especially great is that they cover LOTS of instruments, and not just drums. For latin genres in particular, where the rhythm section is comprised of many instruments and no one part stands on its own, that is especially helpful.

I find the Twiddly.BITS libraries incredibly inspiring, along with Platinum Samples. I probably would have given up on doing a MIDI-based jazz album otherwise. I doubt anyone will suspect the drums were from MIDI (though of course I tweaked everything as I never use someone's stuff as-is, even if it fits from the outset, as I consider that plagiarism).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH