iconnectMIDI2, DP8 and Animoog

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
red1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

iconnectMIDI2, DP8 and Animoog

Post by red1 »

I'm trying to connect my ipad with Animoog to DP8. Sounds simple, right?

Well I bought an iConnectMidi2 and followed all the instructions that I could find on installing it, only to realize that I only need the MIDI application of it, not the audio interface...and this is where it's confusing.

I have an Apogee Symphony 64 for my audio interface, so I don't need the iConnectMIDI2 as an audio interface, just a MIDI interace for my iPad. iConnectivity is apparently a small company because I'm getting no response from them for help.

My goal is to hook up my iPad with Animoog to DP, be able to play Animoog from my DAW keyboard and have the iPad/Animoog audio show up in an audio track input in DP. Has anyone had experience using the iConnectMIDI2 for this kind of thing?

Thanks!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iconnectMIDI2, DP8 and Animoog

Post by mikehalloran »

Judging by the blurb, this should be able to do what you want. Not having the hardware nor app, I can't offer much more.
http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus

It looks like there are a couple of downloads plus a manual.

I've looked at getting one but I've been doing fine accessing my iPad using a Line 6 controller through the lightening connector and taking audio through the headphone out into my iMac or 828mkII.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro