Anyone Using NI Kontrol-S w/ DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wolfetho
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Anyone Using NI Kontrol-S w/ DP?

Post by wolfetho »

If so, I was wondering if you're able to
restart your sequence from the beginning in DP directly from the
Kontrol S transport. What key combinations are you using to
accomplish this?

Thanks,
Tom
4leafplanet
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Anyone Using NI Kontrol-S w/ DP?

Post by 4leafplanet »

+1

i would like to know this too... especially the 25 key model for live work!
They don't give DP 1st tier integration for whatever reason...

any info or scuttlebut?
DP7.24, MacbookPro7.1, (C2D, 2.4GHz, 1 Processor, 8GB Memory, Bus Speed 1.07, L2 Cache 3Mb,) SnowLeopard, FireFace 800, MCU, MidiSport4x4, LaCie d2 HDs using FW800, SitecomUSB2.0 powered hub, Casio Privia PX-310 electric piano.
wolfetho

Post by wolfetho »

Hello:

I've got tech support at NI working on this. They said they were going to download the demo of DP and try to figure this out.It really is too bad they don't give DP more priority.

Thanks!
Tom
wolfetho

Post by wolfetho »

Tech Support was unable to figure out how to go back to zero in DP using the transport of the Komplete Kontrol.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Tom
waxman

Post by waxman »

I use a wireless key pad. Transport control on NI is limited.
http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/10-key

waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Babz

Post by Babz »

I've simple free numeric keypad iOS app like this can be a great solution too.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/numpad- ... ric-keypad
waxman

Post by waxman »

Babz wrote:I've simple free numeric keypad iOS app like this can be a great solution too.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/numpad- ... ric-keypad
Yeah that's cool for the iPhone. I could not get it working on my iphone. Probably a loose nut between the steering wheel and the gas pedal. Also I am using my iPhone for so many other things and it's showing messages etc. all the time. A $29 dollar fix dedicated to the task is a better deal for me...

I like having the little keypad sitting right on the panel on the top of the S-61.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.