Paste to Time code: where is it?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
groove
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Paste to Time code: where is it?

Post by groove »

Bloody hell!

I'm tired of copying audio stems from one chunk to another, pasting and THEN moving them to original timestamp. Is there a command in DP that I missed for pasting audio to timestamp in one step? (Apart from quickeys and stuff.)

Thanks,
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
Tritonemusic

Re: Paste to Time code: where is it?

Post by Tritonemusic »

I'm not sure of a way to do it in one fell swoop. If I ever have timestamp issues, I'll just select the soundbite(s) in the Sequence Editor, then right-click and select "Time Stamp" > "Move to User Time Stamp." That way, you could select as many Soundbites as you want, and shift them all at once. I know that doesn't answer your question, but thought I'd mention it anyway. Is that similar to what you're already doing?
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
groove

Post by groove »

Tritonemusic wrote:Is that similar to what you're already doing?
Unfortunately, yes.

You can paste to original time, but this applies to the measure format only, not the time code, no matter in what format the Time Formats preferences are set.

I'll chime the tech support or the suggestion box.
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
magicd

Post by magicd »

If you drag one or more soundbites to the left side of the Tracks window, a new audio track is reated for each soundbite and each soundbite is placed at it's SMPTE time-stamp location.

Dave
groove

Post by groove »

magicd wrote:If you drag one or more soundbites to the left side of the Tracks window, a new audio track is reated for each soundbite and each soundbite is placed at it's SMPTE time-stamp location.

Dave
Yes, I'm aware of that. It's not practical with my workflow.

Each of the film reels has a chunk - R1, R2, etc., for spotting, playback and finally consolidating audio stems for OMF export.

There are chunks for each film cues - 2m8, 4m1, 4m2, and so on. Everything else are in V-Racks. When mixed, the audio stems are copied and then pasted to the respective reel chunk in already configured audio tracks.

I have a sequence in Metagrid on my iPad to paste and move to time code in one swoop but I'm at somebody else studio without my iPad.

Nevertheless, having a command in DP to do that would make sense.
---------