iLok version of Scuffham Amps does not crash DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

iLok version of Scuffham Amps does not crash DP

Post by David Polich »

As a subscriber to the Slate Everything Bundle, I now get Scuffham Amps included in the bundle.
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Scuffham Amps plugin via Gobbler which is how installation and activation of the Slate bundle works. The installer deposited the Scuffham license on my i-Lok, as it does all the other Slate stuff.

To my surprise, loading an instance of Scuffham to an insert slot and then closing the DP project and quitting DP does NOT result in a Crash-On-Quit error message. I already own the non i-Lok version of Scuffham but I had removed it from my components folder because of this COQ bug which was never resolved.

It could be that the COQ problem is related to the Challenge/Response authorization of Scuffham Amps, and that the i-Lok version of Scuffham doesn't cause the problem. That's what I'm thinking.
At any rate this is very good news. If you own Scyffham Amps plugs but have stopped using them because of the COQ issue, I think you can re-authorize them using i-Lok and address that.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iLok version of Scuffham Amps does not crash DP

Post by philbrown »

Thanks David. Much as I love Scuffham I didn't install it on my last upgrade for the same reasons. Not sure how out of date I am and whether it will require a paid update or not, but I'll check. I used it on a lot more than guitars. Great for putting that little bit of 'hair' on a track.