Nektar Panorama and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mal201
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Nektar Panorama and DP

Post by mal201 »

Hey everybody,

I found a good deal on eBay for a Nectar Panorama P6. I was wondering if anybody is using it with DP. I know it doesn't have the built in integration like Cubase and Reason have with it but can you get any of that functionality with DP? Really I would be happy if it just functioned like the LX lines but in a 61 key format with semi weighted keys.

If anybody is using a panorama keyboard with DP can you let me know what it can and can't do?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt
mikehalloran

Re: Nektar Panorama and DP

Post by mikehalloran »

http://www.nektartech.com/PRODUCTS/Panorama-P4-P6

No idea but it is a MIDI controller so many of its functions should work.

I see one red flag that suggests the developers are a bit behind the curve:

SHORTCUT TO SOFTWARE FUNCTIONS*

So QWERTY macro's...... big deal, right? That's right, its a VERY big deal. Your software has a ton of features and functions that can be activated using QWERTY shortcut commands.
. . .
*QWERTY macro's are not available in OS X 10.11 or higher

Really? Jeeeezzzz
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mal201

Post by mal201 »

Well all I really want out of it is smart control of VIs. I don't need to control DP with it as much as I want the faders and knobs to control the plugins. If it just did what the LX series did I would be happy. Hell, info the LX61 had semi weighted keys I'd be happy.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

mal201 wrote:Well all I really want out of it is smart control of VIs. I don't need to control DP with it as much as I want the faders and knobs to control the plugins. If it just did what the LX series did I would be happy. Hell, info the LX61 had semi weighted keys I'd be happy.
You may have to be the pioneer on this and tell us. The feature set does look great—the lack of El Cap support for its macros does not but other controllers don't have that functionality anyway.

We'd all like to have a friend with the cool gear that we can just borrow and try out before we buy. Hopefully, someone here owns one and can weigh in so that we all can get a better idea.

If not, then hopefully you find it at a good price used and, if it doesn't work out as you like, you can get your money back out of it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro