DP Control Surfaces - OSC

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
insch
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP Control Surfaces - OSC

Post by insch »

I have been trying for some time to set up ext MIDI control of mute/un-muting of DP audio track groups. It looked like it could be done using the DP Consoles but MOTU says that there appears to be a bug in the muting capabilities of that - I tried and they did. They have advised that I use Control Surfaces and OSC programming instead. A totally new area for me. Is there anyone with experience in this area that could guide me a bit?

It's been a long journey trying to get DP to work as a live set up for me and I guess I'm pretty much at the end of the line on that. Control Surfaces may be my last attempt before I have to move to Ableton Live.

All I need is for external MIDI footswitches (first I am trying to get it to work using an ext MIDI keyboard) to mute/un-mute different groups of tracks within a DP chunk so I can create variations within a piece during a performance. Not a big deal but doesn't seem easy within DP.

Thanks in advance : )
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac Pro, Mac OS 11.5.2, 64 GB RAM, MOTU 8M, DP 11.01