AVB vs. CUEMIX. Upgrade Question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AVB vs. CUEMIX. Upgrade Question

Post by HCMarkus »

How would I ensure I don't hear the latency-delayed live signal as well, HC? Would it be as simple as switching off the little blue IM button?
If you mean disable input monitoring, yep, as simple as that. :dance:
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Woohoo!

Thank you, Brother Sir Markus Esq.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
wonder

Post by wonder »

My main concern is getting a really nice headphone mix to the live musicians in the Tracking Room.

I'm noticing the dry signal coming from CUEMIX (the direct live inputs) are fairly ... bland.

I usually track pretty flat with no compression/eq/etc.

Thats why i was interested in the AVB systems to be able to "sub mix" via the AVB DSP with verb/compression/eq that only gets heard by the musicians tracking.

Rarely do I punch in, but when I do, I have to route the existing Take to an Output that leads to the headphone CUE. A little painstaking but I do it anyway.

Anyone use the new AVB for studio work (versus LIVE shows?)
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear