Touchscreen control

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
hawksnest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Touchscreen control

Post by hawksnest »

Any info as to whether DP will incorporate touchscreen control in an upcoming version?
Armageddon

Re: Touchscreen control

Post by Armageddon »

Doesn't matter -- you can always buy a Slate Raven MTI console, which works with DP (at least 8 and 9), and have a 27" or 42" touchscreen right now: http://www.slatemt.com/products/raven-mti/
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page
Gravity Jim

Re: Touchscreen control

Post by Gravity Jim »

Armageddon wrote:Doesn't matter -- you can always buy a Slate Raven MTI console, which works with DP (at least 8 and 9), and have a 27" or 42" touchscreen right now: http://www.slatemt.com/products/raven-mti/
I don't think that the Raven is really a complete replacement for touchscreen implementation in the DP mixer. Raven uses a middleware mixer that is missing some of the functionality of the DP mixer. (I am assuming they have finally fixed the problems that prompted me to sell mine after 5 months.)

Anyway, I'd much rather see touch implemented in the DP mixer.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]