DP 8.05 and Ozone 7; one nagging problem..

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
tonyvose
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8.05 and Ozone 7; one nagging problem..

Post by tonyvose »

Hello all -- When I use Ozone 7 on the Master fader, and do some tweaking to the patch, I would like to save my tweak as a User Preset, which I had been doing forever w/ Ozone 5, and I was always able to recall my saved presets. But now, with Ozone 7 (at least, for me..), when I try to save it, it does not lead me to a folder in which to save my tweaks. There is, in fact, a folder in the proper place for Ozone 7 saved patches, right next to where my Ozone 5 folder & saved patches are. But it just doesn't work for Ozone 7 for some reason; very frustrating. Is anybody else having this problem?... Thank you very much! -- Tony
MacPro 2 X 3 Ghz Intel, 64 Gb RAM, OS X 10.11.6, DP 9.51, Reason 8, UAD Quad, AutoTune, ChannelStrip, VintageWarmer, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, N-I Komplete 10, Minimonsta, impOSCar, Oddity, Sylenth
mikehalloran

Re: DP 8.05 and Ozone 7; one nagging problem..

Post by mikehalloran »

You might want to update to DP 8.07 in case the issue is DP.

I'm not having this problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
tonyvose

Post by tonyvose »

I will do that. (I can't remember why, but I had been holding off on this update for some specific reason..) Thanks again -- Tony
MacPro 2 X 3 Ghz Intel, 64 Gb RAM, OS X 10.11.6, DP 9.51, Reason 8, UAD Quad, AutoTune, ChannelStrip, VintageWarmer, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, N-I Komplete 10, Minimonsta, impOSCar, Oddity, Sylenth
tonyvose

Post by tonyvose »

I did try updating to 8.07 and then trying to save an Ozone 7 after tweaking it, but it still didn't work. I guess maybe, when I'm done w/ the project I'm currently working on, I will try re-installing Ozone 7, as the Izotope folks suggested. (I'm just reluctant to do that, as I've got Ozone 7 on my Master bus on a number of projects, and I can't save my tweaks, so, if I uninstall & reinstall, things won't sound exactly the same..... Arg.)
Thanks --- Tony
tonyvose

Post by tonyvose »

(Or, I guess I may try, since I can see this seems to be a difference in our set-ups: I may try installing El Capitan and DP9 on an alternate startup drive, and see if that's where the rub is...)
tonyvose

Post by tonyvose »

What I did try was, on a different drive (that has OS X 10.8.5), I installed DP9.02 and then Ozone 7. However, I still could Not save my tweaked presets of Ozone. (I had thought that perhaps trying it with DP9 would make the difference..) This is very frustrating, as, I have read the various system requirements, and it seems like everything Should function correctly w/ Ozone 7... So maybe it's an OS X thing, & that I need to move up to El Capitan??... It just seems like other people probably have it working properly...<sigh> --- TV
reedster

Post by reedster »

what happens when you run Ozone 7 stand-alone and try to save a preset?

What permissions are set on the preset folder?
Mine is located here: /Users/mark/Documents/iZotope/Ozone 7
and (Me) is set to read/write
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule