UVI Digital Synsations FREE - now expired

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UVI Digital Synsations FREE

Post by Phil O »

Nicely done Babz!! 8) You should post this over on the user showcase section. And yeah, the ending made me laugh, too.

Philippe
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Phil O wrote:Nicely done Babz!! 8) You should post this over on the user showcase section. And yeah, the ending made me laugh, too.

Philippe

Thanks everyone for listening and commenting!

I created the Lady App-titude alter ego just for my iPad-based projects. At some point last year, the iPad moved beyond being a mere toy for me. Something about the touch environment feels more playful, and yet some of the new apps they have nowadays can be seriously useful. All of these projects have tended to be fun and experimental, but they have been getting gradually more elaborate. My previous track, Lemon Tart, for example, tells the story of a cock roach trying to seduce a pastry and a French cooking school, and has been described as "Frank Zappa meets hip hop."

Most of the projects start on the iPad and most of the sounds come from the iPad, but I still have to do the finishing and mixing in DP, and make use of the occasional desktop instrument, such as Kontakt, or, in this case, UVI Digital Synsations.

If all of this hasn't exhausted your attention span, you can check out a few more Lady App-titude apptronica experiments emanating from this central link:

https://soundcloud.com/lady-app-titude

Best,
Babz/Lady App-titude

P.S. Re: the ending: Hee-hee... I've had that sample for something like 10 years, finally found a use for it. :mrgreen:
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Babz wrote:
Phil O wrote:Nicely done Babz!! 8) You should post this over on the user showcase section. And yeah, the ending made me laugh, too.

Philippe

Thanks everyone for listening and commenting!

I created the Lady App-titude alter ego just for my iPad-based projects. At some point last year, the iPad moved beyond being a mere toy for me. Something about the touch environment feels more playful, and yet some of the new apps they have nowadays can be seriously useful. All of these projects have tended to be fun and experimental, but they have been getting gradually more elaborate. My previous track, Lemon Tart, for example, tells the story of a cock roach trying to seduce a pastry and a French cooking school, and has been described as "Frank Zappa meets hip hop."

Most of the projects start on the iPad and most of the sounds come from the iPad, but I still have to do the finishing and mixing in DP, and make use of the occasional desktop instrument, such as Kontakt, or, in this case, UVI Digital Synsations.

If all of this hasn't exhausted your attention span, you can check out a few more Lady App-titude apptronica experiments emanating from this central link:

https://soundcloud.com/lady-app-titude

Best,
Babz/Lady App-titude

P.S. Re: the ending: Hee-hee... I've had that sample for something like 10 years, finally found a use for it. :mrgreen:
So this is/was mostly iPad originated? Fantastic!

Had a bit of a problem with Soundcloud this morning trying to listen to it (it would only play in Safari). The genre isn't my style but I have to admire the artistic and technical expertise that went into putting the piece together. And that ending points to a sense of humour I can truly admire.
oshtakuta

Re: UVI Digital Synsations FREE - now expired

Post by oshtakuta »

update does not work in MF3 :(
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UVI Digital Synsations FREE - now expired

Post by mikehalloran »

oshtakuta wrote:update does not work in MF3 :(
If it requires the latest UVI player, it won't.

OTOH, the UVI Workstation has recently been updated and, like the previous versions, it's free.
https://www.uvi.net/uvi-workstation.html
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro