Avid Artist Mix Question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Avid Artist Mix Question

Post by JSmith1234567 »

For those of you out there who own one and use it with DP;

Is it possible to assign one of the motorized faders to cc-1?

I like the fact that you can assign one fader that will always follow the currently highlighted channel.

I'm wondering if I could assign the fader next to it to follow the same currently highlighted channel but control modulation instead?

All of these new VIs use cc-1, and it is really hard to punch-in to a track and have it hit the right cc-1 value (so there is no jump) on a non-motorized MIDI controller fader.

I don't own an Artist Mix but am thinking of purchasing one.

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
musicman691

Re: Avid Artist Mix Question

Post by musicman691 »

JSmith1234567 wrote:For those of you out there who own one and use it with DP;

Is it possible to assign one of the motorized faders to cc-1?

I like the fact that you can assign one fader that will always follow the currently highlighted channel.

I'm wondering if I could assign the fader next to it to follow the same currently highlighted channel but control modulation instead?

All of these new VIs use cc-1, and it is really hard to punch-in to a track and have it hit the right cc-1 value (so there is no jump) on a non-motorized MIDI controller fader.

I don't own an Artist Mix but am thinking of purchasing one.

Thanks!
Can't be done that I know of in the software that comes with it. To tell the truth there are better controllers for what you want than the Artist Mix. You could try asking over in the DUC about this.
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Avid Artist Mix Question

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Revisiting this, is it possible to assign one of the rotary knobs to cc1, or are they only for panning?

I read an interesting set of posts about this here...

http://vi-control.net/community/threads ... 854/page-2

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro