DP9 DL or get box set with DVD?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 DL or get box set with DVD?

Post by kassonica »

Just about to order DP9 upgrade and I note the Australian Distributor is not returning my calls answering emails etc, So I login into my account at motu and saw you can now do a direct DL.

Any plus's and minus's for doing either?

I also note there is NO hard copy manual, just a PDF :( :shock: :(

So much has changed since I bought DP7, 5 years ago ..

Anyway as always, thanks mates :D
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
musicman691

Re: DP9 DL or get box set with DVD?

Post by musicman691 »

kassonica wrote:Just about to order DP9 upgrade and I note the Australian Distributor is not returning my calls answering emails etc, So I login into my account at motu and saw you can now do a direct DL.

Any plus's and minus's for doing either?

I also note there is NO hard copy manual, just a PDF :( :shock: :(

So much has changed since I bought DP7, 5 years ago ..

Anyway as always, thanks mates :D
Keep in mind that even if you go for the box it will probably not be the latest version of DP9. Personally I like the direct download from MOTU. When I get the d/l I save it off to another place so I have it whenever I need it.

Yeah - no printed manual and there won't be. When I talked to MOTU people last year they said it had gotten so big and so expensive they couldn't find a printer that would do it for a reasonable price. There's a downside for the pdf though - you would think it would be updated for the version it downloads with and so far that is wrong. Yes the pdf is for DP9 but there are still some errors that have crept over from the DP8 manual and the new features in 9.02 aren't discussed at all. And the index isn't linked page-wise to the relevant page in the body of the manual.