Unselecting Record-enable on Multiple tracks at Once

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unselecting Record-enable on Multiple tracks at Once

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote:Well, I don't F up EVERY time (thankfully), so for times when I keep my take, that's when I'd need to get rid of the note. Or am I missing something?
If you are keeping the take, you don't run the command to undo the recording. Since the additional note is the first step of the macro to erase the recording, it never gets added to a recording you keep, only to those you delete. I still haven't tried it so I'm not sure it will work.

Remember you're still recording, and realize the take is not worth keeping. You press one button to execute the following macro (you don't press Stop):

1. Play a note. You're still in record mode, so it gets recorded, in addition to any notes recorded to that point.
2. Stop. You go out of record.
3. Undo. The recording, and only the recording is erased. Since at least one note is recorded, this step will not undo anything you did before you went into record mode.
4. Rewind.
5. Record.

Rinse and repeat.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Ahhhhh! Got it now.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Well, it works. I set up a button in Custom Keypad on the iPad to do it.

While DP is recording a MIDI track, the button on the iPad is tapped and executes the following in a fraction of a second:

Shift-Command-K: - opens MIDI keys
Key Press A: - plays a MIDI note which is recorded
Shift-Command-K: - closes MIDI keys
Keypad 0: Drops DP out of record mode and stops the transport
Command Z: Undo the recording
Keypad 1: Returns the transport to the previous start position.

You could add a final command, Keypad 3. That would make DP start the recording over from the correct position without risk of undoing a previous edit.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

That is really slick. Prevents EXACTLY the scenario I was describing. As long as I know I'm rejecting my take, and I'm recording MIDI, this will work well. THANK YOU!!!!!!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com