Machfive 3 inside DP8 running a Large sampled w/temo changes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rosindabow
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Machfive 3 inside DP8 running a Large sampled w/temo changes

Post by rosindabow »

Hi - I imported a 6 + minute song into Machfive 3. I turned on Ircam Stretch, made it a Complex wave, and turned on the Stereo button inside MF3. When I trigger it inside DP8 with C3, It plays perfectly. It will also transpose ad stay in time. What I would like it to do is to speed up when i change the tempo in the conductor track. I know now to use the speed knob to increase the tempo as a Standalone - I would like to be able to increase the tempo, let's say 5 bpm, and have my sampled song inside MF3 to play at that faster temp. Is this possible? If so - how? Thanks.
DP 11.22, Mac Pro 14,8 macOS X 13.5, 128 GB RAM, Apogee Symphony I/O, Apollo x8p, UAD plug-ins, PSP, Waves Mercury, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Spectrasonics, Hollywood Orchestra, Spitfire; Symphobia, Los Angeles Scoring Strings, True Strike, VSL, real violins, guitars, mandolins, pianos, drums, percussion & lots of other stuff...
mwilloam
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Machfive 3 inside DP8 running a Large sampled w/temo cha

Post by mwilloam »

This may work ... try modulating/automating the speed parameter in the ircam stretch module with a MIDI CC(random unreserved number) from a MIDI track in the sequence. Set the speed equal to the desired higher tempo, right click on the speed knob, add modulation, external/MIDI cc, choose #, create MIDI track in sequence and add automation (o->100%) to that mach five part on the cc# you chose, it should modulate the knob from 0->faster set speed. To edit the modulation settings right click on the knob and select that item. That ... maybe 90% correct. Just thinking off top of my head, haven't actually tried it but see it that gets you close.