Resolved tempo change interferes with Waves Tune plug

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
davedempsey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Resolved tempo change interferes with Waves Tune plug

Post by davedempsey »

Hi All,
I was tracking vocals yesterday and we had a great take that had a couple of minor pitch issues. We inserted Waves Tune on the track to see if tuning would be a good solution rather than replacement and possibly loosing the mojo in the existing take.
The song has a slow intro with vocal, sustained guitar chords and a vocal harmony section and then a tempo change event in conductor track leading into the body of the song. When playback reaches the tempo change event the scanning function in the Waves Tune plug cycles back a few bars even though the track played normally - thus preventing the plug from completing a scan so it could adjust pitch.
I believe that once I've finished with VIs and rendered to audio I can remove the tempo change and the plug should function normally, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, can duplicate the problem or perhaps suggest a reason why the tempo change event would interfere with the tune plug scan? DP 8.07 on 10.10.5
Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by davedempsey on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
davedempsey

Re: Conductor track tempo change interferes with Waves Tune

Post by davedempsey »

Ok - I've logged a techlink with Motu and also contacted Waves support. I'm interested to know why the tempo change event breaks the timeline in the plug-in scan. If I get any useful info I'll post it here.
davedempsey

Re: Resolved tempo change interferes with Waves Tune plug

Post by davedempsey »

Good old RTFM: As per Waves Tune manual - Waves Tune does not support tempo change

:rtfmmad: :rtfmmad: :rtfmmad: