Did something change in DP 9 Pitch?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Did something change in DP 9 Pitch?

Post by toodamnhip »

Something seems to have changed in DP 9 when it comes to pitch?

In the past, if I moved a copy of a soundbite to a second location and later pitch corrected one of the soundbites, they BOTH would show the pitch changes I made. They were the same soundbite so they both changed when either one was edited. Now it seems as though they are no longer interconnected once placed in different locations.
Move a copy of a soundbite to a second location and subsequently edit one bite, and one will have pitch edits, the other will not. Strange.

Anyone able to confirm this?

ps.

This change is different than if I make a pitch edit and afterwards MOVE the soundbite. In that event, they both retain the same edit info in their two positions. But again, if I thereafter edit one of the two, one will have new edits, the other won’t.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc